The Hochschule Niederrhein is able to award a limited number of graduation scholarships within the STIBET program for students from non-EU countries. The STIBET program is sponsored by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds from the German Foreign Office (AA).
Limited funding from STIBET I is available for 2023. Applications are accepted twice a year.
Graduation scholarships are intended to provide assistance in the final phase of studies to international students with good academic records who are in a difficult financial situation.
Amount of support:
maximum 6 months; maximum scholarship: 1,200 euros.
Requirements for application:
- Origin from a non-EU country
- Study progress: Bachelor: 70% of CP (126 for 180 CP, 147 for a 7-sem. Degree programme), Master: 66% (80 CP or 60 for MTTT or Design).
- Ideally, you have already successfully completed all examinations except for the thesis; if this is not yet the case at the time of application, please integrate this into the study plan for your application
- good academic achievements
- Indigence (regular income below the current BAföG rate)
German equals (e.g. through marriage) and Bafög recipients are generally not eligible for sponsorship.
Your application can be submitted by the deadlines below.
After the following deadlines, a selection committee will review the applications:
Starting in 2023 , the following application deadlines apply:
- Application deadline in the current summer semester: 15th March to 15th April
- Application deadline in the current winter semester: 15th September to 15th October
Please apply only during the specified period.
Please send the following documents in one document via email to the International Office.
Only complete application documents can be considered:
1) Graduation Scholarship Application Form (see download below).
2) Justification of the application (separate letter, 1 page)
3) Self-written study plan (when will any outstanding examinations be taken, if applicable? When will the thesis be registered and submitted? If the thesis has already been registered, please submit this proof).
4) Current grade report
5) Bank statements for the last six months (of all existing accounts, incl. blocked accounts)
6) If applicable, other proof (e.g. honorary commitment or similar, if available)
Please send all documents in the above order as a PDF file.
After the selection committee meeting, the International Office will inform you about the result of your application approximately 3-4 weeks after the deadline.