This principle applies in particular to the subject of research at a university of applied sciences. Research at the Hochschule Niederrhein is application-oriented; here, the people doing the research always have the immediate benefit of their results in mind. For the university's cooperation partners - companies, organizations, social institutions - the results of this research offer real competitive and locational advantages.
The Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences has established the Department II - Research and Transfer to support the professors who conduct research.
The tasks of the Department of Research and Transfer include the following central points:
- Support of the researchers of the Hochschule Niederrhein in the application and contract research process
- Contract management and practice-oriented legal advice with a practical emphasis / orientation
- Invention and patent management
- Planning and application of cross-border large-scale collaborative projects as well as coordination of existing large-scale projects integrated in Department II
- Transfer of R.u.E.: Making science and research useful for companies